Is Christ calling you to a ministerial vocation?
- Have you ever considered serving Christ as a Priest of Deacon?
- Are you are a former cleric who left ministry because of celibacy, marriage or sexuality?
- Do you still wish to serve Christ in ordained Ministry?
If you are able to answer "Yes" to at least two of these questions, we may be able to help. The United Ecumenical Catholic Church is seeking candidates for ordained ministry - ministry with a difference, where you can make the difference! Male, female, married, divorced, single, celibate or not, we welcome inquiries from all. As Saint Paul said at Colossians 3:11 "Here there is no Greek or Jew, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave or free, but Christ is all, and is in all".
Our church is small but growing. We presently have twelve Missions in the Sydney area, a mission priest in Victoria
and one in the Northlands of New Zealand. We also auspice Ecumenical Christian Welfare, a Government approved charity which operates several missions for homeless men and women and Pingaree House in the Sydney area.
ECM is also home to the Ecumenical Franciscan Order and the Ecumenical Order of St. Benedict, groups of committed women and men who seek to serve Christ in community, in the spirit of St. Francis of Assisi and St Benedict
Our clergy are tent-makers in the tradition of St. Paul. Like St. Paul, we continue to live and work in the world while at the same time we seek to build up the body of Christ on earth. Some of our clergy are married or partnered and
some are not. Some choose celibacy and others do not. All seek to reach out to the most marginalised people in
society wherever they may be.
We do not offer wages or salaries to our clergy; we are missionaries in the sense that we act on faith in trying to establish missions and parishes wherever we can gather the people. We are entrepreneurial. We take chances and
we commit our time, talents, and treasures to the building up of the body of Christ. Like Christ, we seek to serve
rather than to be served.
The people that seek to minister within our church should have the same spirit of mission and commitment that the first Apostles and disciples had.
- They should be desirous of changing the world for the better, by showing people that Christ is for all - not just a select few.
- They should be willing to give of their time, talents, and treasure without expectation of financial recompense.
- They should be nonjudgmental, open, and accepting of all people regardless of circumstance.
- They must be able to follow the greatest commandment of all, that we love God and love one another as Christ loves us.
- They must feel a call to ordained Ministry and be prepared to discern their vocation.
The call to ministry in a church such as ECM is a call to a new vision of Church. It requires contemporary people who
hold the historic faith. Is this you?
If you feel that you may be called to the ordained ministry, we invite you to contact us to discuss the matter. All
contacts and information are kept strictly confidential.
No matter where you live in Australia, Asia, or the South Pacific area, we would love to hear from you.
We would love to see missions and parishes open in each State of Australia and all of the other pacific countries. Do
not let distance deter you. Do not let doubts deter you. Do not let past experiences with larger churches deter you.
Do not let race, denomination, gender, sexuality or marital status deter you. Let the Holy Spirit be your guide
and follow your heart.
For more information, please contact Archbishop Ronald Langham on (02) 9872 9636 or 0416 087 316. You may